Thursday 1 August 2024

Thursday 1st August

Short post - the day began too early with an unexpected phone call at 5 am.... nothing serious, urgent, difficult, except it was an hour before the alarm usually goes off.

There was a time when we had almost the same telephone number as a local taxi firm; only one number different. I forget whose was which, but one number had a 3 in it and the other an 8. We used to gt phone calls every night and through to early in the morning. In the end I rang the taxi firm, told them what was happening, and that I always redirected the query to an entirely different taxi company because I could rmember the number more easily..

I'm not sure what the first company did - probably reprinted their card with BIGGER WRITING - or changed their number, but we stopped getting the late night drunken calls.  

Anyway at 5.30 we agreed we weren't going to go back to sleep and got up.

So, early night tonight.

I will mention that I saw a lone cyclamen flower yesterday evening. In August? Isn't that rather early?


Look what a delicious supper BestBeloved brought to me on a tray


I am so fortunate!

  

4 comments: