Saturday 15 August 2015

Saturday 15th August 2015 - Climbing out of the pit - a series

I was having a conversation with someone recently who is feeling low. What can you do, when your world has changed, and will never be the same again?
Image result for if wishes were horses beggars would ride image
(If wishes were horses, beggars would ride)

I reckon everyone goes through that situation, to a greater or lesser degree, at some time. Certainly, in our family, that has happened to each and every one of us. So I said I'd do some posts on things that have helped me climb back up from The Pit when I've either fallen, or been pushed, into its grimy depths.

Let's be very clear; I'm not talking about Depression with the Big D here. I've never experienced it, and I wouldn't presume to advise anyone in that state. I'm talking about feeling despondent, overwhelmed, stuck, exhausted, tearful, totally-had-enough. I've been there enough times before. 

I think that once you've recognised that you've got into that state, then that's Step1 accomplished. I also think that celebrating success is extremely important. (I once got a job, in spite of being under-qualified and having no direct experience of class teaching on the basis of casually remarking that "success breeds success" in the interview...)

So, well done. You've acknowledged that you're NOT okay. Celebrate and feel good about it, because now you can move forward!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment