Monday 2 January 2017

Monday 2nd January - Two weeks without a post?

I see that I haven't posted anything since 19th December (apart from the one just now about the New Year).


The clue might be in the name of the blog - A Letter From Home


I know that friends around the country (and abroad) also read the blog to keep in touch, and it serves the purpose of a "round robin" letter. However, when I first started this blog, it was because I realised that when the son and daughter left home for University and then for Life After University, I wasn't very good at writing/texting/phoning them.

This Christmas, we have all been together again from about Christmas Eve until later today, when son returns to his own place, and tomorrow, when daughter may return to her own place. So, blogging, to let them know what is going on seemed superfluous. We've also had telephone calls or met up with friends and family and exchanged news that way. (Apologies to friends in Cornwall and Yorkshire - emails on the way soon!)

In the next few days, normal "letter-writing" will resume its sporadic regularity. I'm only sorry that I have to type everything, instead of writing it with beautiful pens and shimmer inks that I've been given for Christmas. (Just the green and brown inks so far - but I'll be adding to the collection as a reward for de-cluttering elsewhere in the house!)



No comments:

Post a Comment