Sunday 11 June 2017

Sunday 11th June - Unusual Authenticity

Church today was a joint service - the " 9 o'clockers" and the "10:30" congregation all together. This was because our curate was "priested" yesterday, so this was the first time she had officiated at a Holy Communion.

We had service sheets - now there's a novelty. We only bother with them on special occasions. Ah but yes, this was a special occasion, and very joyful and cheerful it was too.

I hugely enjoyed the way the Confession prayer was printed;


All those question marks kind of mirror the thoughts I have in my mind sometimes. Saying the prayers cann be a bit like making promises with your fingers crossed. I'm often NOT truly sorry. The only bits of which I can be certain are that I will have sinned against God, and I would like to be forgiven. No question (marks) about that.

Later on, at the beginning of the Communion prayer, more queries;



It may well be "our duty and our joy, at all times and in all places to give you thanks and praise, holy Father" but you know as well as I do that this just doesn't happen.

Heigh ho. To err is human, to forgive is divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment