Friday 2 December 2022

Advent Cowl - Friday 2nd December

 Just a couple of rounds of ribbing today, and no posts at the weekend to give you time to catch up. 

Remember to read from the BOTTOM to the TOP

Useful tip - if you have twisted your knitting when you joined in the round, you have one chance to save the situation - before you start knitting today. You can untwist your stitches at the point where the beginning of round starts and there is only one strand of yarn joining the beginning and the end.

Leave it any longer before discovering the mistake, and I'm afraid the only remedy is to start over from the very beginning. Been there, done it! Here's a HowTo video.


 
And Friday's knitting;

Knit one round in k1 P1 rib

R 3

2nd Dec

Check again for twists, and place beginning of round marker. Knit round in K1 P1 rib

R 2

Just to give you fair warning, on Monday we will change to larger needles, increase the number of stitches and do the first pattern line.

Here's are photos of my finished prototype - I should point out that I changed all the patterns so what you see is not what you will be actually doing! But I thought you might like to have an idea where you are headed. 

I have knitted the exact same pattern that I am blogging through Advent (and I'm wearing it too!) I will put the compete chart up at some point.




 

1 comment: