Tuesday 3 January 2023

Tuesday 3rd January 2023 - the Real Tuesday, all day

It is a properly dismal day out there. However I am warm, and have a mug of tea by my side, and I've already had a 2nd cup of coffee (we drink teeny tiny teeny cups of Nespresso coffee, and we DO recycle the pods) with the last of a Stollen. I cut out the marzipan and hand it over to Himself; it is rather wasted on me.

Christmas Goodies Sit-rep;

  • Three boxes of chocolates consumed; two more and a bar of chocolate in waiting.
  • One Stollen and half a Christmas cake consumed - another Stollen, the other half of the cake and a Panetonne stacked up ready.
  • One packet of Lebkuchen finished; another packet, and two packets of Speculaas not started.
  • One selection box of shortbread biscuits unopened.
I think we will be able to 'cope' with all these over the next few days, weeks, months!

We'll chomp our way through the Christmas cake next - we tend to have Christmas goodies with our 'second cups' of coffee. It's quite  routine-ish sort of ritual; a Nespresso with breakfast, another mid morning, and the third after lunch.

Very Occasionally we have what we term 'A Four Coffee Day' when we feel that it's all been a bit Too Much.

I'm overwintering my geraniums (I can't get used to the idea that they are now called pelargonuims) on a windowsill on the landing, with mixed results. I took cuttings from the couple that I had, and brought them indoors when the weather got colder. I was a bit saddened to see that three of them seem to be giving up the ghost;


which leaves me with seven, from the original four plants. Then I saw this;


One is going to have two red flowers, and it's friend has a couple of buds. 

Monday's to-do list is waiting for me... I've finished my tea... and I think I've finished today's blog post... so I am running out of reasons not to get on with it...  


 

        

6 comments:

  1. I've decided on trying to grow red geraniums this year. When we first married we were in a flat with a tiny balcony. My Flemish MIL gave me pots of red geraniums, they looked wonderfully continental! I've never grown them since

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not keen on the scent; like lilies they can be overwhelming. But I love the joyful colours

      Delete
    2. I don’t like the scent either and (other than red roses) really, really don’t like the colour red. It was only when I saw hot pink geraniums that I bought any. They are so beautiful that I tolerate the smell.

      Delete
    3. They look great out of doors.

      Delete
  2. Why are they not geraniums anymore???
    We have SOOOO much Christmas confectionary still to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've no idea.... just remembering that I read it somewhere.

      Delete