Friday 8 September 2023

Friday 8th September

It's been a lovely day.

I did a housework task which has been nagging at me for a few days.

Then it was time for our curate, also an old friend, to come round for coffee and Home communion, for the second time since March 2020... the garden so peaceful... the lovely familiar words... 

In the afternoon I slowly got to work shortening the new trousers for my father;


I've finished one leg, just another to sew, and I can let him have them back. 

Later in the afternoon I went out to see about planting the seed potatoes into spare tubs which won't be involved in the panting schedule again until spring. Himself came out to see what I was doing, and very kindly took over the heavy work of emptying the three large tubs, and then putting just 4 inches of enriched soil back to make nice soft bed for the tubers. I've put three in each pot, and then covered them with a few more inches of more enriched soil. I even remembered to label each pot; Maris Piper, Arran Piper, and Swift.     

I've also given up on my tomato plants, and put all the green ones in a paper bag along with a ripe banana. Monty Don says this is what you do, and he should know!

We'll round off the evening with a bit of slugging...



2 comments:

  1. My green ones are ripening happily on a sunny windowsill. Haven't done the banana-in-a-bag yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how ripe the banana has to be; this one's too ripe to enjoy eating.

      Delete