Friday 10 November 2023

Friday 10th November - Thinking ahead

There are only about six weeks left until Christmas - it's nearly heading towards about time to begin to think about making plans and lists for Christmas.  

But maybe not quite yet!

There's the question of Advent calendars to clear up first. We both have wooden Advent calendars with 24 little awkward-sized drawers, and finding things to fill them is always a challenge.

I need to revisit my secret stash to make sure everything will fit in the drawers. I have resorted to trimming larger chocolate treats with a knife to try and make them a bit smaller!

And here's the really ridiculous Advent calendar I have bought Himself; this is not a surprise as it is going to clutter up the fridge from now until Christmas Eve;


There is a mini-cheese behind each door! I thought this would be a fun idea.

My diary is a constant companion; appointments, lists, reminders, notes, doodles. I have already decided upon next year's diary - a break from previous years as I am going for an A4 size, two pages to the week.

Quite often I add a border round the edge of the notes page of my diary. I have found it makes it much easier to find the current week.

Sometimes I draw them, other times I use washi tape or stickers. 

Here are a few examples;






 I'm looking forward to creating a border for next week.


     

8 comments:

  1. What can you possibly do with all the bits you have shaved off the chocolates??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum yum yum all tidied neatly away licks lips.

      Delete
  2. I've been making chocolate Lego men for my grandsons this week. Great fun. Bob and I were forced to eat the batch that went wrong though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the borders on your diary.. never really bothered with an advent calendar but did see and bought an advent jigsaw. You get a little box each day of pieces and gradually you build up quite a big finished jigsaw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds a wonderful idea; I must look into it. Thank you for telling me about it.

      Delete
  4. MMmmm, cheeeeese! I am actually feeling rather smug and happy about Advent calendars as I have 3 which are ready: 1. My Enid Blyton Christmas story one, 2. My cardboard Christmas tree forest I made last year and 3. A posh tea calendar I picked up in the John Lewis sale last Christmas for £5 which I saved for this year (best before date June 2024!) .
    The borders are nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more Advent calendars the better in my view....

      Delete