Friday 19 January 2024

Friday 19th January

 Yesterday I  did housework again. The gasmanwas due to service the boiler, and I stood there looking at the kitchen floor and thought ' there's no way I am letting any one into the kitchen with the floor in that state. 

While Himself was out doing the weekly shopping for my father (Waitrose is at its quietest at 8.30 on a Thursday morning) I took a deep breath,well, several deep breaths and set to. 

It's slow work for me but by the time he came back from shopping,  sorting out and restocking my father’s fridge and dealing with a few incidental little jobs I had swept and washed the floor. 

As I put things away I spotted some 'essential window wipes' as well. How long had they been there? I unsealed the packet and tried them on the kitchen door window. Amazing! I'm impressed; the window was left clean and streak-free.

In the afternoon I slowly swept the hall, stairs and landing and reappeared downstairs with a horrifying heap of cobwebs and dust. I did have to ask Himself to extract the dustpan and brush from the cupboard as I wax  completely done in.

Two piano lessons and an evening zoom finished off the day.... and so blogging didn't get a look-in!

Today I've taken it very easy. I did write up and email lesson notes, and do some cross stitch collaboration. The end is just an hour or so away, and it WILL be in the post this weekend.

Will this be last Christmas card of the season?


It was sent by friends in Poland, postmarked a few days before Christmas. I've added it to the pile, ready for me to go through them all, checking addresses and updating the Christmas card list, before sorting and recycling them. A job for February. 

I'll be able to deal with the 2022 pile at the same time; I was a bit dismayed to find them all lurking in dark corner a few weeks ago.

2 comments: