Wednesday 10 April 2024

Wednesday 10th April

The sock factory is still in operation;


I don't have enough of the Lidl fancy pink sock yarn to make another pair of socks for me, but....

Isn't the baby sock cute? I wonder of there is enough for a little cardigan or jumper? After I have done the other sock, of course.

The paper plant pot factory was also in operation. Now I've got about fifty or sixty - I wasn't really counting. It's a shopping bag full, anyway. Now all I need is some decent weather to sow the seeds. 

I did go out for ten minutes or so just to see what is happening in the garden. I spoke kindly to the broad beans. The seedlings are coming on, some have several leaves and are poking roots out through the sides of their paper pots. Do I dare risk putting them in the big tubs? It's not the weather that makes me hesitate  but the slugs and snails!

I've also had a few direct words with the pea seeds I sowed at the same time. 'Either you grow, and appear soon, or I will replace you with peas from a different packet'. So now they know what I am expecting from them!





6 comments:

  1. I do think that talking to the plants makes a difference. I go out with encouraging words every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's OK for King Charles it's OK by me!

      Delete
  2. My beans are 'hardening off' in the mini greenhouse. I hope to get them in the raised bed this weekend. Huw's book says "mid April" which technically is Monday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sowed mine in cold frame, but kept lid up, so I guess they're already hardened off... I want to get anti slug sorted before I risk putting them in the garden

      Delete
  3. Love the pinkiness of those socks, I talk to my plants too, usually to say, come on grow a bit more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just put my peas on notice if they don't appear soon! The socks are fun to make

      Delete