Saturday 4 May 2024

Saturday 4th May

There's not a lot to post...

I went into the garden (like I do nearly every day) to see what's new;

Something is going on in the cardoons, in the centre of the photograph 


I wasn't expecting to see a flower on the hot lips salvia just yet


One album is out


And something very weird is emerging from the walking onion flowers (are they even flowers?)


You can see how one of the stems is searching for a new place to grow. I'll replace those empty spare pots with one filled with earth and see what happens next.


Otherwise, more crosstitching... I'm on track at the moment, finishing the lettering at the bottom today. Tomorrow I'll start on the lettering across the top.

More reading. 

So far this month I have finished 'Dancers in Mourning' - Margery Allingham 'Smallbone Deceased' - Michael Gilbert and 'Death of an Author' - ECR Lorac'. I've got 'Traitor's Purse' - Margery Allingham and 'The Wedding Dress Repair Shop' - Trisha Ashley on the go, and I've nearly finished listening to 'Death in the Parish' written and read by Richard Coles. And it's only the fourth of May!

4 comments:

  1. My walking onions are doing odd things too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the one MMargery Allingham book I read- would like to read more. I'm really excited to see the finished Cross stitch. I wonder what will happen to the Walking onion next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of the Margery Allingham books are very cheap on Kindle at the moment. I'm going to have to find a way to let the onion walk within boundaries!

      Delete