Sunday 5 May 2024

Sunday 5th May

Oh the satisfaction of ticking things off the 'I really ought to do that but I don't want to' list...

Four items of correspondence either emailed, or written, or printed, and in stamped envelopes ready to go. Deep joy.

 Then I moved on to the things I wanted to do;

Also the Bog Coat had stalled for a while, waiting for me to get time and energy and mindset all combined in the best proportions



I tapered the sleeves, and now I'm binding the neck. Looking at the photographs I can see I'm going to have to extend the binding right round,  down the fronts and along the bottom edge. And then probably around the cuffs too... sigh. 

I've done today's cross stitching, and counted the squares along the side edges in order to chart my borders ready for Tuesday (I'll be finishing the top lettering tomorrow if I stay on schedule).

It is very cheering to sit here feeling satisfied with what I've managed to do.

I've finished listening to 'Death in the Parish' by Richard Coles. I'm a bit uncomfortable with the heavy-handed depiction of Christian Fundamentalist Evangelicanism. I suppose it is a plea for people to be open-minded and ready to engage with other opinions and ways of understanding Christian faiths (and other faiths).

But it is a dreadful warning of the awful consequences when people in postions of influence and power abuse this trust with abusive and ungodly behaviour, whatever the organisation, be it a church or a school or anything else.

I've returned to 'The wedding repair shop' for light relief!

2 comments:

  1. Why do you call it a Bog Coat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bog coat is the name given to the remains of a very old textile garment preserved in a peat bog, somewhere in Denmark, I think. The garment is something like 2000 or more years old, and was constructed from a rectangular piece of cloth with almost zero waste. Searching for it on the Internet is good hunting ground for losing yourself in a maze!

      Delete