Monday 8 July 2024

Monday 8th July

 Good evening!

I've discovered a new source of suitable easy listening for the wee small hours when I'm not asleep;


It's Private Passions, on BBCSounds, hosted by Michael Berkley. If choose the episodes carefully the voices are calm and soothing, and the music (mostly) the sort of thing I enjoy... each episode is 30 mins long and I'm usually asleep by half way through.

Just as well; I've had two or three restless nights in a row. But last night and the night before  I got back to sleep more quickly thanks to Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and Phillipa Perry. And also Olivia Laing, all most interesting guests, but not too interesting! 

I didn't get round to doing anything on the blank page of my 'One Book To Rule Them All' diary, a great A4 tome I constructed last year from a watercolour sketchbook. I can't bear a blank page, so I did an idea I've been mulling over for a while but not had the energy to try.

It's just cobalt blue, prussian blue and violet watercolour on a very wet page, and then blank fountain pen ink.

The question is  'which is the right way up!'

I painted it this way up;



But this looks pretty good too...



No, I prefer it the first way.


8 comments: