Tuesday 9 July 2024

Tuesday 9th July

 A 'finishing things off' sort of day. With the weather so cold and wet there was really no incentive to go out. So I spent the morning sewing.

While mending a hole in one of my older Seasalt tops, I discovered two or three more. Another one that I bought at the same time has also gone into holes. 

I reckon that I bought them as useful music teaching tops over fifteen years ago, and have worn them pretty much non-stop ever since. So they owe me no favours; if they were a bit pricey when I bought them say £40 each at a guess, then if I  spread that cost over 15 years then they were definitely worth the outlay! So they are 'finished off', at least as clothes. It remains to be seen whether they are downgraded to pyjama tops or not.

I have completed my book cover;

Front



and back. 

I did the final bits while watching the Sinner - Medvedev tennis match. Sadly I missed the last 2 sets as I had to teach some piano lessons, and then when I got back to the tennis Paul was losing his natch to Alcaraz. Ah well.

I found time to stick the paper with the 'rules' for the new collaboration between Ang and me in the newly covered project book, and then tuck my paper templates inside the front cover. 


The collaboration is called 'Cover Story'. Ang and I will add a patch to the foundation fabric, and embellish it with 'slow stitching'. No buttons or beads, though, as they would make it harder to put the finished A5 notebook into a bookshelf,


I love the effects you get from adding carbon black ink to a plain wash of water.

I was thinking of adding watercolour tomorrow, but I'm actually going to knave the bottom picture well alone. I'm not so enamoured of the top picture so I won't mind if I spoil it.

Now, I need to finish off my step counts to reach my daily target, and there's even a possibility that I'll finish side 1 of poncho number 2 tonight. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the book cover. But now you've set the bar pretty high for our next collaborative project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry! It is most definitely a practice piece and won't bear close inspection!

      Delete