Saturday 13 July 2024

Saturday 13th July

Cover Story Collaboratio

It could be that this year's Collaboration for Ang and me will prove to be the most manageable yet. I was sometimes late completing the first, embroidery project, nearly always late with the second, cross-stitch one, but here we are on 13th July and I have finished the first piece already. I just need to write it up and get it ready to post. Admittedly I chose something simple. One of the ideas we discussed was 'slow stitching' so that was what I did. No picture yet, until it has been delivered to Ang.


Mystery Object

This was one of the presents in box that arrived from our Canadian friends yesterday.  I would have been very puzzled if my friend hadn't included an explanation.


In the garden

Yesterday morning I spotted one bean, from the ones I sowed just over a week ago, had emerged. Lookee lookee! The same afternoon there were five more! Quick work, little beans.

I potted up the three tomato plants I was given - oh, it could even be a couple of months ago... they have been languishing in the cold frame ever since. I'm not too hopeful of getting any tomatoes from them!


Out and about 

Back to the Prairie Gardens. Our fourth visit, think, this season. Everything gas grown since kast week! I took this photograph at my eye-level



The patch of ornamental grass to the left of the picture above conceals a bench, almost completely hidden by the rest of the grass. You can make out the path leading to it, and if you zoomed in you might spot the metal framework of the bench.


I'm not sure I would choose to venture in and sit there... what if the vegetation wasn't vegetarian? 




4 comments:

  1. 'Little shop of Horrors' comes to mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That grass has certainly grown and grown really well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything in the prairie garden seems to end up 'large as life and twice as natural'

      Delete