Sunday 14 July 2024

Sunday 14th July

Psalm 23; v1-3

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restored my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

These are my church homegroup's verses for this week. The idea is that we keep these words in mind, mornings, night times and through the day, 'read, mark, learn and inwardly digest' them.

My grandmother encouraged us children to learn the Psalm by heart, so that we could always be able to say it at need; at a hospital bedside, or in another situation when some 'comfortable words' were requested. 

6 comments:

  1. I love this Psalm, it's so well known but also so comforting and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were the last words I murmured to my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have sat by many bedsides and softly spoken these precious, comforting words. ❤️🙏

    ReplyDelete