Tuesday 16 July 2024

Tuesday 16th July

Cover Story for July

Well, howzat! Not even three weeks into July and Ang's parcel arrived. She has transferred the glazing design from a window in a museum in Paris onto a vintage Sanderson remnant, to reference looking through the window down to the gardens below.

My parcel should be due at Ang's house tomorrow. 

It looks exactly like the blackwood patterns we experimented with in previous projects.



I've also taken a remnant, Laura Asley this time, from decades ago, but stitched rows of outlining running stitches round the flower motifs. I then added a few French knots into the centres of the flowers for added texture. 


Ang stitched right to the edge of her patch. I kept the seam allowance free. Either way it won't make a difference as the next patch will overlap by the 0.5cm seam allowance. 

This is a really promising beginning! Much less time consuming this time round. 

We've both had a fairly hectic June and July so some calm slow stitching was just what we needed.

Oh, and my 'flat gift' was very flat indeed; a magnetic bookmark advocating tea, biscuits and a good book. I agree entirely!

No comments:

Post a Comment