Wednesday 28 August 2024

Wednesday 28th August

After two flopsical days we agreed that Getting Out, even for just an hour, was required. 

I think an hour at the Prairie Gardens was exactly the correct remedy for us both.

I don't think I've posted a picture of the young two pigs which live in a perfect enclosure. They are usually dozing on a comfortable pile of earth, leaves, whatever...


Their paddock is a small area of woodland, with plenty of mud, rootling space, and garden trimmings to snuffle through. 'Happy as a pig in muck', as they say.

The Indian Bazaar is still there until the weekend. The large open-sided marquees are full of clothing and textiles, all in glorious colours. Outside, there are tables piled high with 'wantables'. This table was all buttons and beads, pom poms and natural twine.



I sat in a shade of one of the gazebos,while BB went back to the cafe for a cold drink. People watching,  and especially children watching, was very entertaining. A small child, probably about two, buried her hands in a basin of large glittery, shiny balls, picking out some and putting them back, I'm glad to see. A chubby boy, about six or seven, maybe, was completely engrossed by a shiny brass padlock shaped like a fish. 

Elsewhere another girl wearing a lovely fuschia coloured sundress had found a matching fan; 'Mum, Mum, I NEEEEED this,' she called... but I don't know if her wish was granted...


Away from the Bazaar the gardens were as peaceful as always...

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I wondered if anyone would notice! I was watching the little puffs of cloud all the way home.

      Delete