The extension team are nearing the end (apart from the big window, still waiting for the sill). They are just finishing off putting the lead on the roof.
Now we have to choose the colour for the external rendering... decisions, decisions...
And the plumber came and moved the down pipe from beside the door to the corner of what will be the kitchen. That neant out loo was unusable for about 4 hours... we had to make a quick dash to the nearby nature reserve, just 5 mins away by car, to sneakily use their their loos. Very conveniently for us they are in the courtyard area just outside the café! Nice and clean too! When we got back barely 20 minutes layer everything was reconnected again. Phew.
....
Having missed a couple of days of ten-minute-journalism it was a bit of an effort to get going again;
I made a pot of tea, got out my art basket
We had fish pie for lunch yesterday and there was a bit leftover. So I had an excellent breakfast of a dollop of fish pie, fried in a pan with an egg and some tomatoes. Coffee, toast and marmalade to follow as well! A real treat.


I am tickled by the thought of you going to the Nature Reserve for the convenience. My grandchildren do Tree Wees when one is caught short with no loo around.
ReplyDeleteI could just about cope with a tree wee in the thick bushes beyond the back garden gate, but a tree poo would be beyond me!
DeleteGreat breakfast! I quite often have odd food combinations for breakfast!
ReplyDeleteIt was very good indeed
DeleteThat breakfast sounds wonderful!
ReplyDeleteMmmmmm
DeleteI enjoy looking in the fridge for untraditional breakfast foods, too. Glad your sanitary system is hooked up again!
ReplyDeleteOh, so am I! There's nothing like having no loo for a while to make you appreciate a bathroom all the more!
DeleteHa ha re: your toilet drive, I did the same when having a new bathroom fitted, I used a bucket at the bottom of the garden behind the shed for the odd wee, but anything more meant a drive to a DIY store 1/2 mile away, where the loos were just inside their entrance!
ReplyDeleteI could have used the builder's portaloo, or 'sin bin' as the plumber called it. No, on reflection, I don't think I could!!!
DeleteI had a good giggle when I read about tree wees and tree poos. Nice that you had nearby washroom you could use. Your breakfast sounds very interesting. Mine seems to be just toast, jam, and coffee. It's all I can face early in the day.
ReplyDeleteBreakfast is usually cereal, coffee and toast... leftovers make a nice change.
DeleteHa, laughing at the toilet journey! I dread having to do a nature poo when out on a trek so I understand!
ReplyDeleteI very much like your 10min journalism. I'm very sad I didn't keep up with my gratitude diary. I missed it for a week away and never got started again. Agreed about missing 2 days x
Guess what... I missed a couple of days, and am having real difficulty restarting! I'm pondering changing the format to keep it fresh.
Delete