Saturday, 19 September 2026

Saturday 19th September - quiet day

 Such a contrast to yesterday;

We had tentative plans to go for a walk in the afternoon with friends but it was cold and grey. So we'll try again tomorrow afternoon as the weather looks more promising. We're due for a spell of warm sunny weather,  if you can believe it. An Indian summer...

BB got stuck into another jigsaw, we read our books, I sorted out yesterday's beef stew for freezing, just odds and ends of bits and pieces...

A domestic, stay-at-home day.


10 comments:

  1. I had a pottering about day too. Good to work at a gentle pace. I hung my laundry on the airer inside because of the grey clouds. But the rain never came...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It never actually rained here either, but I was happy to stay at home

      Delete
  2. I love you sketches, you are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about 'talented' but I'm glad you like the doodles!

      Delete
  3. Quiet days at home are wonderful. Our weather continues to be pleasant with sunshine every day. I hope you get some sunshine for your walk with friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're hoping for it to clear up in the afternoon

      Delete
  4. It rained here all day so no walk for me! I'm hoping tomorrow will be better too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quiet days ARE wonderful! Saturday morning was a busy one for me, tidying and cleaning the house, then out to Battlesbridge for lunch and a search for bookends with my friend Lara, then back to tidy more and then my BiL and partner came to stay and we went out for a late dinner. Had to leave the house at 8.45 to get to church 20min train ride away for a christening and baptism - my old church - played flute for the service. Then back on the train to go home and then went to Maldon with BiL. Got home at 8.30pm. Wish I'd had a bit more down time though it was lovely x

    ReplyDelete