Sunday, 13 September 2026

Saturday/Sunday 12th and 13th September


I was awake at half past four in the morning on Saturday,  which did not please me, but then I noticed the stars in the sky, and, could that possibly be a planet? I found my glasses and opened a curtain and twisted my head up to stare at Orion's belt and other stars until I became too uncomfortable and went back to bed. It's rare to be able to see the stars here, but the streetlight outside the window goes off at about 1am and there was no moon. 

I left the curtain open, although I couldn't see any stars when I was lying down. It was just nice to know they were there.

A thought that has come back to me today, a day of clouds and drizzle. We were very late going to bed because we watched the totally brilliant Last Night of the Proms right to the very end, and I've felt tired and bleh all day. 


We haven't been able to go out as I don't have any full oxygen cylinders left until after the delivery on Monday, so I have to stay home and use the mains powered oxygen supply. Otherwise a change of scene might have helped... but there's always the scenery in tv programmes, especially Paul Murton's gentle meanderings around Scotland. 

That's a good thought though about the sun and moon and stars always being there even when you can't see them. 

Like God, always there, no, I should say he's always here...

1 comment:

  1. Loved the last night of the proms, like you watched to the end then had an unsettled night - can't cope with much after 10.15pm anymore!

    ReplyDelete