Sunday, 6 September 2026

Sunday 6th September - Living water

 This was the theme of today's zoom church service. 

We've experienced both drought and downpour these past weeks, although in a very minor way compared to the serious killer droughts and downpours elsewhere in the world.

I counted; we have seven taps in our house delivering hot or cold fresh clean water whenever we want; another privilege not to be taken for granted.

One of my husband's twice daily jobs from as soon as he was strong enough to work the handle was to pump the water from the spring to the water tank in the house. They were blessed with a reliable source of fresh water filtered through acres and acres of peat Moor above the house.

This was one of the pieces of music in the service;


.....

I've spent the afternoon sitting at a garden table in the shell of the new extension enjoying the fresh, if slightly chill air. I can't wait for the time when I can meet our friends for coffee, or tea, or meals even, properly protected from the elements and at the same time with good through ventilation to avoid any risk of respiratory infection. 

Or just sit, with the windows open, and look at our garden... 


(Very wobbly drawing on my tablet using free bamboo app and the stylus that came with the tablet)

2 comments: