We've no builders here today... no pots of tea to make...
BB had a trip to the dentist (prep work for a crown) and I taught two piano lessons, with lovely pieces as well.
His appointment was for 1145, which meant leaving at 1045 and not getting back until after 230... that meant a very late lunch. Luckily I had a COOK lamb tagine lurking in the freezer, which would microwave from frozen. I guess it was gone 3pm before we had lunch, both very hungry!
Do you remember when the illustrations in children's books often only had 2 colours? Like this!
I've been un-knitting and reknitting the square I finished yesterday. I found a Serious Error in the final pattern row. Luckily this wasn't too far down, so it's finished again now.
It's a good job I like knitting. And reading, which is also filling quite a lot of the day...

A quiet day without the builders is a bit of a reprieve, I would imagine. Knitting and reading are lovely pastimes.
ReplyDeleteYes, and a bit disorientating. it feels like it's the weekend already
DeleteNeighbour's cat must be really confused!
ReplyDeleteI think he takes it personally, poor thing!
DeleteI spent a lot of time unknitting yesterday. I've not heard that word before but it is a useful addition to my vocabulary!
ReplyDeleteDo you know 'tinking'? It is knit spelled backwards, meaning to un- knit stitch by stitch. As opposed to frogging, ripping back several rows, from the noise frogs make, 'rippit, rippit'
DeleteI am glad I did not pack any knitting for my holiday - it was far too hot!! My friend [a very good knitter] says she's not done any knitting since she got there last autumn!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteNo, indeed!
DeleteI love those old two-colour illustrations. They have such a cosy, slightly nostalgic feel to them. And I had to smile at “Serious Error” ... somehow knitting mistakes always feel much more dramatic when you’ve already admired the finished square!
ReplyDeleteI used just the two colours from laziness - I have some double-ended red/blue pencils. I was surprised at how well it worked
Delete