Tuesday, 15 September 2026

Tuesday 15th September - I am sooo tired

 From the effort....


....of staying calm... but I think I managed it for most of today...

The hup! installers did manage to get all the glass panels into the roof. No word yet on the likely delivery and installation of the remaining window, the huge triangular pane of fire-resistant opaque safety glass that has to come from France... it will be worth it, I say to myself (it had jolly well better be worth it, I mutter to myself!)

Finalising the kitchen and arranging delivery at the showroom this afternoon wasn't as easy as it might have been... but having come home and remeasured everything I think I'm confident we can go ahead on Monday...  and breathe...

I drew the journal while having my coffee this morning, and restored some calm with tea and biscuits when we got back from the kitchen showroom this afternoon. 

And the presents are wrapped to hand over tomorrow...

Now I'm sogging in front of the tv; the plan is to watch Sewing Bee (the final!), Celebrity  Masterchef, and then 'off to Bedfordshire' I'll go!


14 comments:

  1. Oh wow, so much going on! Hope you have a relaxing evening before leaving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The evening was very restorative, thank you!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a demanding day. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I have to do is walk among the trees with my lovely family.... at least that's the plan 🌳

      Delete
  3. Hope everything is calmer today - sound's like you need it to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't do too many days like this one in a row... it would make me impossible to live with!

      Delete
  4. Sewing Bee final was brilliant, such talented ladies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were all so good; I loved Beth's beach party dress. As you say, so talented.

      Delete
  5. What a busy but productive day, great that the glass panels are in and you're feeling confident about going ahead with the kitchen on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping today has been calmer, this is Ang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As for being calmer, well, there's always tomorrow!!!

      Delete
  7. Lots going on in your corner. Home renovations always take time and they try one's patience. But it WILL be worth it in the end. Take heart and Stay Calm!

    ReplyDelete