Tuesday, 8 September 2026

Tuesday 8th September - losing weight

 That's weight off my mind, not so much off my hips...

I got very little done yesterday and and today. Sue in Suffolk is partly responsible for this as she recommended a new-to-me murder mystery writer, Tim Sullivan. I went onto the libby library app, and borrowed one of his books, 'The Teacher', and that was the rest of the day gone. I didn't want to stop until I had finished!

Then, in response to yet another email from HMRC about sending in a self-assessment tax return, I took a grip on myself, pulled myself together, nade a pot of tea (actually BB made it for me) and knuckles down. (I think that's probably enough clichés for the moment).

It took an hour, but I managed it. And felt a weight off my mind... it was worth getting it over and done with. 

.....

No new photographs of the extension. After all, how can you photograph glazing in the windows? All the windows, apart from the two remaining rooflights and the big triangular end window. So I'm hoping they will be finished, as far as possible, by the end of the week. We don't have any idea of when the fireproof opaque end window will be delivered, so they will most likely have to come back sometime.


14 comments:

  1. Glazing in the windows, that is moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed the Tim Sullivan book - when I've read number 6 I'll try and go back to the 2nd and read in order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have a go at reading them in order, but I'm a bit impatient! It will depend on what's available on libby.

      Delete
  3. It's always good when you find a book good enough that you get lost in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've just ordered the next from the library...

      Delete
  4. Isn't it lovely to be able to simply sink down with a book and enjoy it until it's done? Sounds like an author to look up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a new to me author, so I shall look for a Tim Sullivan and your extension is coming along very nicely, sounds nearly finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying the detective, George Cross. It's not as violent or tense as some others, like the Louise Penny series, for example.

      Delete
    2. The shell - roof, windows, walls, is looking good. Then there's pipes and electrics and floor, before plasterboard and plastering and painting and laying the flooring and installing the kitchen.... before they rip out the old kitchen to make the shower roo.! I daren't think about all that yets!

      Delete
  6. Looking at my stack of books I have yet to read makes me forbid myself to even consider this Tim Sullivan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily.y books my tablet don't fill the shelves...

      Delete
  7. The extension is really moving on!! Oooh, don't tell me about good crime series- I don't need any more new books!!!! Well done on doing the tax return! I'm so glad I don't have to do one!

    ReplyDelete