and other random bits and pieces...
Here's my little witch hazel;
We moved it to the edge of the terrace so that I could watch the leaves change colour. They are turning so quickly that I can see a difference day by day.
However, the kitchen door and French windows from the house to the extension are being removed and the empty space temporarily boarded up as I type, so I won't be able to watch my tree any more!
It will be an incentive for me to use an oxygen cylinder and go round from the front door, the only way in or out of the house for the next three weeks. More steps! Fresh air! That will be good for me.
Talking of steps, I succeeded in getting past 100,000 last month;
I needed to average 3,333 steps per day; a bit of an effort some days. Yesterday I let myself off with barely 2,000 steps, but I shall have to get back on track. I know it can be done...
July and August, the heatwave months, were just too hot to try for the target.
....
I told Freddie, the younger electrician, that BestBeloved had rejected my idea of sticking eyes on the screw heads in the switch boxes. So he put them on, before his boss arrived. The Boss made no comment...
We're booked in for our covid vaccinations this afternoon... BB will have the flu one at the same time, but I've arranged to have them separately to give me time to get over the covid one first.



The eyes were a good touch.
ReplyDelete👁 👁!
DeleteYour steps count is impressive, and even more so is the determination behind it.
ReplyDeleteI thoroughly approve of Freddie's decision.
I'd have done them all... Still might!
DeleteEyes, I mean!
DeleteLove the 👁️👁️. Flu jabs booked. We have yet to be offered covid jabs
ReplyDeleteThe availability of covid jabs has been further reduced; for some mad and crazy reason diabetes and asthma patients are no longer eligible for free vaccinations. You have to be over 75 or have an impaired immune system. my children pay for vaccinations but it's not cheap.
DeleteI guess the boss electrician doesn't have much of a sense of humour.
ReplyDeleteHe does, but very quietly. It's more likely to be a smile than a laugh 😃
DeleteYou've done well on your steps, I'm down on mine mainly because I'm going through a phase of being awake for hours at night.
ReplyDeleteThat can have quite a knock on effect on the next day - actually mine were down yesterday because of the covid vaccination.. oh well, we do what we can, not what we can't!
DeleteWell done on the steps count! Great achievement
ReplyDeleteI have been polishing my imaginary trophy 🏆
Delete