Saturday 17 March 2012

Saturday 17th March - a self-indulgent day

I do feel a bit of a fraud; I have spent the whole day idling; upstairs all morning with the "upstairs cat" for company, and downstairs all afternoon (with the "downstairs cat" beside me - we had a brief disagreement about whether my lap was for a cat or a laptop but we are friends again now).



One of the tasks I did deal with is the next installment of a series of posts on a trip-of-a-lifetime to stay with friends back in October. I have been writing up my journal of that week, partly as a "Thank-You" for the huge generosity of our friends, and partly to revisit the holiday. I have almost finished the journal; we had such a great time there and I do want to remember it all.



I have found that there is so much going on, so much happening every day, that life is whizzing past at a scary rate, and things that are important and that I want to remember just get overwritten by the next day. It wasn't until I counted up the months on my fingers that I realised that our October trip was five months - half a year - ago, and that 2012 is nearly into its second quarter, and that the Easter holidays are only two weeks ago...





No comments:

Post a Comment