Saturday 26 October 2013

Saturday 26th October - Cute Little Ducklings

 
Years and years and years ago, my brother gave my children (when they were tiddly little toddlers) a battery operated toy which was a sort of penguin helter-skelter. It was SO popular, and SO annoying, that in the end we would switch it on for just a few minutes as a last treat before bed-time.

An escalator would allow the 3 penguins to travel to the top of the slide, whereupon they would slide all the way down to the bottom of the escalator, and then travel to the top of the slide, whereupon they would slide all the way down to the bottom of the escalator, and then - you get the idea?

The annoying bit was the continuous high-pitched squeaking sound that went on while all this sliding and escalating was happening. My brother had bought one for himself (why? he was quite grown up, - at least in years) and almost immediately removed the squeaking-noise-making-bit. I'm not surprised.



Oh my goodness gracious me! You can still get it! Be very grateful that you can't hear it. But, if you want to torture your ears, (and your eyes, but the video operator will calm down fairly soon )  click on this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydDuM1RsZFQ

Now, I know this post is titled "Cute Little Ducklings", and here they are, and that's what made me think of the penguins.  (Video via http://johnthelutheran.tumblr.com/)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IjWAsT2IffI

No comments:

Post a Comment