Wednesday 25 December 2013

Christmas Day 2013 - All things considered

All things considered, I think it went well.

I guess it started with Midnight Communion, timed to perfection to reach the sharing of bread and wine at midnight.

So far (and it is now nearly 8pm) we have been to the morning service at church, shared in the cooking, serving and eating of The Meal with my parents, phoned family, opened presents (thank you everyone!) and watched the gothic ballet interpretation of The Sleeping Beauty and had smoked salmon sandwiches for a light supper.

We forgot the red cabbage at lunchtime. But, with sprouts, carrots, parsnips and potatoes to accompany the turkey and ham and chipolata sausages I don't think we missed it too badly.

They are about to watch Dr Who, and although I will be in the same room, on the sofa, I will be protecting myself from the scary bits by reading a Christmas book.

Happy Christmas everyone. It's been peaceful here. Hope it was for you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment