Wednesday 21 May 2014

Wednesday 21st May - Getting so much done - why?

It's that time of year again.

Writing school reports.

This can only be faced with regular top-ups of "proper coffee" from the "proper coffee machine" - any other kind just doesn't do it.



I've made a pact with myself to get another class load of reports written this morning before I go off to start teaching (in half an hour) and so far I have written three letters, done some preparation for the reports and had a cup of proper coffee.


Those are my very rough notes under the coffee cup.

Now I am blogging instead of writing reports. Still, the to-do list is getting dealt with nicely, as a sort of avoidance strategy for doing what I am supposed to be doing. All sorts of odd jobs, and horrible housework jobs are getting tidied up.

 I high-light the jobs as I finish them, using a different colour each day. That means the list becomes a riot of colour as I get through it. I find that it looks so much more encouraging, rather than blackly crossing things off.



Right. About those reports. I've got to go in 24 minutes - the clock is ticking....... and the deadline for completion is TOMORROW!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment