Friday 31 October 2014

Friday October 31st - The Poppies

Yesterday we had a day out in London doing what we wanted to do, seeing what we wanted to see, eating what we wanted to eat - in other words, just pleasing ourselves.

While we were waiting for our food to arrive at the end of the day, I made notes of everything we'd seen and done - pretty much filling the paper placemat they give you at Wagamama. I expect it may form the basis for blog posts for days to come.

Right now, I'm thinking about the poppies filling the moat at the Tower of London. I've seen various people's pictures on twitter, and known for ages that I wanted to go and see them for myself.


There were indeed a sight to behold.

 
When the sun comes out, they glitter. What they don't do is move. There they are, frozen, vibrantly red, deathly still.











No comments:

Post a Comment