Sunday 2 November 2014

Sunday 2nd November - BIG books

Some books are very much bigger on the inside than the outside.

I've been reading "Cultural Amnesia" by Clive James for a couple of years now. I started reading it because of a recommendation from someone that I follow on Twitter.

It takes a long time to get through each chapter, because as you go along you end up making a great long list of books to read, ideas to follow up, things to think about.

CulturalAmnesia.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Amnesia_(book)

It is a book that is so big, that it has a wikipedia entry all to itself.

I have a feeling I am going to have to go back to the beginning. Again. As far as I can remember, I think I've only got as far as Miles Davies.

It is also a very expensive book to read; along the way I started reading Dante's "Inferno" in an interlinear Italian/English edition, acquired a book of poems by Lorca, just for starters.

A Kindle is a dangerous thing. Just 1-click is all it takes... Go on, I dare you...


No comments:

Post a Comment