Friday 20 November 2015

Thursday 19th November - Kalawayo

Missed a post again. Life is happening around here.

My mother is in hospital, and last night what I really wanted was to be with her, and sing lullabies.

I doubt she would have appreciated it - I think sleep is what she would really want. And I don't suppose for a moment that the nurses and other patients would have thanked me either.

So I sang them in my head at home, (so as not to wake BB).

This Native American lullaby is a favourite. You sing it as a three-part round.



Then it was getting early (4am), and we were both awake (again) so I made us a cup of tea. If this carries on, my whole day is going to shift from a normal 7am to 10 pm and become 4 am to 7pm.

I'd love to upload the melody or mp3 file but can't find a way to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment