Saturday 19 December 2015

Saturday 19th December - Sit-rep 19

Blog posts with this title concern my mother's current situation. Family and friends will know more of the background and context, and this is primarily for them.


Well, guess who is wearing the "Abu Dhabi" earrings now?


We visited, me, my husband, and my father, this afternoon, and find my mother having her lunch. She had rejected the savoury course ("too salty") but was having some of the plain yoghurt I'd brought in a few days ago. Good job we'd brought some more with us, if she is enjoying it.

So we left her and the nurse to finish in peace, and went back a short while later. She was wearing these earrings, but said she didn't want them any longer - everyone had been to admire them, and now I could have them back! I reckon it's not a fair swap for the Christmas Tree earrings I left with her last week, but I wasn't going to argue.

We went through some cards that had arrived. There were several from family in the Netherlands, and also some Christmas cards. One hadn't been signed; we tried to recognise the handwritten address, but came to no firm conclusions.

The she wanted to go to sleep, so we went and sat in the seating area nearby. After quite a long while she was still soundly asleep, so we left. My father had ordered tubs of the new food thickener from various on-line sites, but it is not certain that any of them will manage to deliver before Christmas and she has nearly finished the samples. We thought we would try Sainsbury Pharmacy on the way home. This might be more successful as they hope to be able to get some in for us by Tuesday morning.

Back at the flat, I threw some Christmas lights and tinsel on my father's Christmas Tree, while my husband mended one of my mother's hearing aids. Then we left my father with his pork pie for supper, and went back home to our sausages.

No comments:

Post a Comment