Saturday 2 January 2016

Saturday January 2nd - The Tipping Point; Good Mood/Bad Mood

Neither.

I am in a Terrible Mood at the moment. I don't usually inflict myself on the populace at large when I am like this, but every so often, I have to give in to a Rant of Awesome Proportion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Types_of_volcanic_eruptions


Oh, it's all so tedious. I'm not going to go into details about all the stuff that has lifted the lid.

It's just that over the past few weeks I have spent SO MUCH TIME trying to accommodate everyone's needs (including my own) that I am now....

oh, it's all too tiring.

I have some cheese, some Chateauneuf du Pape,

A Châteauneuf-du-Pape with the embossed bottle of the papal regalia and insignia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%A2teauneuf-du-Pape_AOC
some more cheese, some more Chateauneuf du Pape.

A view of the village of Châteauneuf-du-Pape, from the southeast
A view of the village of Châteauneuf-du-Pape, from the southeast
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%A2teauneuf-du-Pape
Now that looks a nice place to visit sometime. Sunny, too

I will watch the Hogfather DVD until my eyes close, and then I will go to bed. I've just read the plot so I can fill in the bits I miss. And I can always learn some quotes just in case.

Hogfather-2.jpg



According to my father, good wine doesn't give you hangovers. (Bilious, the "Oh God" of Hangovers will make his appearance in the Hogfather film later on).

I hope he's right, as I am down to play "I am a New Creation" tomorrow at church, which is a bit of a beast to play at anytime, and not a suitable thing to try and bring off if one is not in the pink of health. Plus I will be running the activity (that I'm not going to bother to explain) that was the final straw in tipping me over the edge this evening.

Well, the wine and the rant has done its work, and I can feel a merrier mood coming on.

I visited my mother this morning, and there's not much to say. We showed her Christmassy and other pictures of friends and family on her tv, and handed over the Daily Mail and a newsy email which were both much appreciated. She doesn't like the food at the moment; I offered to bring in something, but she said "no, best not mix the two systems, and that way I will know who is responsible for poisoning me". With a smile.

Hope I've cheered you up? I'm MUCH better now, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment