Wednesday 21 June 2017

June 21st - Foraging

"Shall we have pasta and slow-cooked lamb for supper?"

I'm too hot to even think of eating pasta.

So one again, I've raided my tiny vegetable plot. One rather young lettuce, and a handful of spinach leaves make a sort of salad, with bought new potatoes and bought tomatoes. Our tomatoes as still flowering rather than fruiting. I few slices of cold meat... a glass, or several, of Chablis - supper.


Tomorrow we will have about ten broad beans each, and maybe a couple of courgettes from the garden to supplement things from the shops.

It has been properly hot here all week. I can't imagine what it is like for people doing the Ramadan fast in this weather. Hats off to them, I say. Much tougher than trying not to eat chocolate or drink alcohol during Lent.

Tomorrow we have a met office warning of rain - bring it on, I say. My veggies need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment