Sunday 18 March 2018

Sunday 18th March - Weekly Round Up

File:Falling Snow - stuck at home (3234280718).jpg
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Falling_Snow_-_stuck_at_home_(3234280718).jpg
Being British, of course the main news has to be about the weather.

Today we woke to a grey morning, but with a cover of snow on cars and roofs, an untidy scattering of white on the grass. So there must have been a bit of snow in the night. Nothing all day - just cold, cold coldness, in spite of the met's 60% promise of snow. We were stuck in the 40% area. Now, hurrah! Real Snow! I wonder what it will be like tomorrow morning...

I scrambled through the week's teaching, greatly assisted by a number of students being absent from their lessons (sore throat, school trip, imminent clarinet exam). The worst moment was accompanying a Grade 6 violin exam. The candidate is vastly, vastly improved from the first session we had together, but his counting still can't be trusted. So the bar he "always" got wrong, and I was prepared for, he got right, which caused me a few problems. There were places in all three pieces where I needed to be super alert, like when I suddenly had to turn my page earlier than I was expecting, and other places where I had to wait and judge the moment. Hey - we started and finished together, and didn't stop along the way! That has to be good.

Wednesday was a birthday for someone special. He received presents in pretty paper or Amazon wrappings from the offsprings, but I hadn't managed to wrap my tokens of appreciation. Not exactly true - they were "wrapped" in a shopping bag a friend brought me as a souvenir from Hong Kong. So, rather than wrap them 30 seconds before giving them to him, he played "lucky dip". No chocolate, as I had bought a giant dark chocolate Toblerone
Toblerone Dark Chocolate Bar 360g
in advance and already handed it over when emergency chocolate was required.

Today has been highly satisfactory from my point of view. I've had a pyjama day, or rather a nightdress day. Cups of tea and coffee, and meals, have materialised at regular intervals - what a treat.- and I have accomplished a number of things that I wanted to do, and many more that I just felt like doing.

Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment