Friday 27 November 2020

Friday 27th November - The darkest hour is just before dawn

If the darkest hour is just before dawn, does that mean that things should get steadily better as the day goes on? 

I'm inclined to say yes, on the basis of yesterday and today.

You may or may not be aware that my father has been in hospital since Tuesday; well, he became 'very unwell' early this morning according to the doctor who rang at 2am.

It is so hard not being able to leap in the car and drive to the (fairly local) hospital to be with him, but with my lung condition it is not sensible or safe. So my heroic brother and his wonderful wife immediately made the 130 mile journey to be there. (You should know that they were there yesterday as well - they will have been putting in the mileage)

As the day progressed, so did my father, from - well, whatever 'very unwell, you should come now' means - to now, at the end of the day, they have managed work out what was happening with the help of all kinds of scans. I think my brother's presence also played its part in my father's improvement. 

So, once again, like yesterday, the day has begun darkly, and ended much more hopefully.

Last night I slept excellently well, until the 2am phone call (cue confusion as we misinterpreted the racket of the alarm, tried to switch it off, resulting in BBC world service blaring out for a few minutes).

Hopefully, tonight, on the back of this evening's much improved situation, I'll have another good night's sleep ready for tomorrow.



  

1 comment:

  1. Hope your father continues to improve and that you have slept well x

    ReplyDelete