Sunday 27 November 2022

Sunday 27th November - Advent Calendars ready and waiting!

Today I filled the little drawers on the Advent calendars. This year I did both, Himself's and mine. 



Then I made an Advent ring;

I'm pleased with it; just a shallow pryrex plate with a small brass candelabra in the middle (a birthday present from years and years ago) and greenery cut from the garden. The candles are the little ones that fit the angel chimes.

I've also changed the outdoor wreath from Autumn to Winter:



I just took off the very soggy 'White leaf garland' and replaced it a 'Holly and berries ' garland. I'll add ribbons and sparkly things nearer Christmas. 

'You're starting early,' said a couple walking past. 'It's an Advent wreath - today's the first Sunday in Advent.'

I've spent some time finding places for all my lovely birthday presents.  I like keeping them in a pile to feast my eyes upon, but I thought it would be good to try and clear the surfaces a bit. It took a while but I think nearly everything is tidied away, after a fashion.



5 comments:

  1. I've spent the afternoon dressing the figures for the outdoor Nativity Tableau. Heavy rain has stopped me carrying them outside! I'll finish it tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. The holly wreath looks marvellous!! My mum made me a Hazel twisted wreath base and I realise I now need to decorate it!
    Very excited to start building the handmade Advent forest that I shared in my recent blog posts but also have the copy of the Enid Blyton Christmas calendar my Dad had as a child as well as an Escape Room calendar I bought in the January sale last year. The choc isn't going to be nice though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Advent forest - such a clever idea.

      Delete