Wednesday 23 November 2022

Wednesday November 23rd - audiobooks I am listening to

I've loved audiobooks for years...

I'm listening to three books on audible at the moment.


Every morning, nearly every morning, I listen to the day's allocation from 'The Bible in One Year' read by David Suchet. Sometimes I'm less attentive; Psalm 119, for example, and currently we're nearing the end of Ezekiel. I suddenly paid attention at the 'dry bones' bit, but then zoned out again. 


The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery is the book club choice. I listen to 10 or 15 minutes before going to sleep. I use the sleep timer, as I am finding it quite soporific. There are two narrators (so far); the concierge, a widow, and a young girl who lives in one of the apartments. Their stories don't seem to have connected yet...


Finally I always have a third audiobook on the go. I choose this one to turn to when I  can't sleep in the middle of the night. Currently 'Summer in Fairacre', by Miss Read is working beautifully (although I'm surprised to find I'm not liking Prunella Scales' narration. I normally love whatever she does).  I have 'cosy' headphones which are like a headband, and also keep my ears nice and warm.  




2 comments:

  1. The Bible app I use on my phone gives you an audio option. It is read by David Suchet. What a glorious voice (and strong faith) this man has!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He can even make the books of Numbers and Leviticus sound a bit more interesting...

      Delete