Monday 2 January 2023

Monday 2nd January - not Tuesday

 I've spent most of today thinking it was Tuesday. It's kind of what happens between Christmas and the start of the school term.

 Although, come to think of it, I don't work in school any more. I do roughly follow the term dates for piano teaching, but usually aim to start a week later and finish a week earlier than the official term dates. It gives me longer holidays and also avoids the usual beginning/end of term chaos as everyone gets their revised timetables, moves to a different day for sports other clubs and so on.

I had quite a 'to do' list to get through. Having written it out I set it aside and played with black fountain pen ink


I have tried this idea with other fountain pen ink but black is recommended and you can see why; there seem to be more colours in the liquid to separate out as the pigments travel through the water.

I painted an upper rectangle with clear water, and dropped some paint in two of the corners,  then painted a lower rectangle very closely underneath the first and dropped paint into that. The gap between the rectangles was only a few millimetres. 

Finally I bridged the gap with an inky brush, and pushed ink around a bit or added water as seemed good or tilted the page this way and that.

You can't say it was planned. But I am loving how they have turned out. (There were some less successful ones as well!)

The 'to do' list is pretty much as it was. But I can have a re-run of 'Tuesday' tomorrow. 





No comments:

Post a Comment