Sunday 1 January 2023

Sunday 1st January 2023 - New, yes, seriously...


The Bible opens with the creation of the world at the beginning of Genesis, and end (after pages and pages of apocalyptic imagery of death and destruction) with the creation of a New Earth and a New Heaven. I have to admit that I rather switched off as David Suchet read through the first 20 chapters of Revelations through December - 'enough,' I thought to myself, 'I get the idea...' 

Today doesn't look particularly 'new' - the garden is damp and soggy, the sky, after suggesting it might brighten up first thing, is grey and uninviting.

But it is a New Year! I have a New Diary! 


This is the one I write in every evening - notes of what happened, maybe observations or even some 'thoughts' about the day just passed.

I always write in these 'handholds'; it's a small chunk out of the Bible divided into seven statements to 'hold on to' through the day, especially helpful if I'm having a trying time.
  

I've actually got two paper diaries - this is the paper appointments diary. With the handholds, of course!



New adventures lie ahead, to be scribbled into the next pages of the sketchbook journal;


And here is the last week - warning - there is a scribble of McCavity, the cat for Christmas Eve. We are still missing her, mainly at breakfast and bedtime, and when a shadow in the garden or in a corner of the room catches our eye. The vets sent us a beautifully handwritten condolence card - what a lovely, lovely kind thought. That has never happened before - we weren't even registered at their practice before the fateful day. 




When I weigh up the sorrows and the joys of 2022 the scales tip over mightily towards joy. 

I wish you all a 2023 with plenty of joys through the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment