Wednesday 1 February 2023

Wednesday February 1st - The Finished Postcards

 


The eagle-eyed among you will notice that Ang's postcard, the top one, has 12 pictures and a stamp, and mine only has 11 and a stamp. That's because Ang did the same time as the address, on what became my postcard, and I did the stamp for her postcard as the picture for later on. (I have hidden our full names, which were the top line of the address, and the 3rd and 4th which were our towns etc, but left the blog names).

It has been such a great experience - it is crazy to think that we have never met each other, or even spoken on the phone, and yet this friendship has developed over the year into something quite special.

I was very nervous to begin with, as I knew Ang was an experienced needlework and my own sewing was rudimentary, not to say rough and ready. I needn't have worried; we have both been enjoying developing our skills and learning new techniques.

And, oh the joy of receiving parcels through the post every month and anticipation of wondering what new picture has appeared!

I can strongly recommend this time of collaboration. 

Some months after we started the Postcard Project I began a Notebook Swap with another like-minded friend, where we each write in a notebook over the course of a month, a sort of extended letter, and recipes, and drawings, and thoughts, and quotations. 

One of my contributions to a notebook 

We are ten months into the first year, and at the moment I don't know how long we will keep this up. I hope we will; again it is the delight in receiving the notebook and savouring the contents.

Meanwhile Ang and I are busy on our next sewing collaboration. Who knows, maybe we will even met up one day!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely postcards. There used to be so many swaps on Blogger, but I think postage costs made it almost impossible now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Postage is a factor, but I have been saving a mint of money on holidays, coffee shop visits, theatre, meals out etc since 2020. So that helps.

      Delete
  2. Such a good idea, both the postcards and the notebook swap - I'm more likely to try the notebook idea but I love to see all that colourful embroidery.

    ReplyDelete