Tuesday 7 March 2023

Tuesday 7th March - Amateur Hairdressing and other activities

 Yesterday it happened, and today I still have no regrets. 

I think the last time a 'real' hairdresser trimmed my hair was either November 2019 or possibly January 2020. Either was it was (wait a mo while I count it up on my fingers) over three whole years ago. 

Yesterday I cracked, and while my hair was still wet I laid hold of the scissors and cut first one side then the other. Then I called for assistance,  and Himself trimmed it all level.


It looks ok when it is dry, and when I do finally manage a rendezvous with a visiting hairdresser she or he can sort it into a style.

Crockpottery 

The day before yesterday I loaded the crockpot with a half onion, finely chopped, some crushed garlic, a diced red pepper, dried herbs, a tin of tomatoes and the same tin filled with chicken stock. For slow hours later, we had a delicious tomato sauce for left over cold chicken.

Yesterday I re-loaded the crockpot with 'Bored of Lunch' creamy peppercorn chicken. It's all in the freezer now, but here's a thing; I've taken to keeping back any extra liquid from the slow cooking, and using it as the base for soup. So tonight we had creamy peppercorn soup with added sweet corn, and it was de-li-cious, which bodes well for future meals.

Cross Country Collaboration 

I have a small table top craft light and magnifier on order. After a recent stitching session, not long, maybe 40 minutes, my eyes were struggling to focus on anything for a few minutes. Then I had a thought - am I remembering to blink? Aha! I tried stitching again, deliberately blinking every stitches, and managed without problems.

It's still all very weird though; I've made my chart, and I keep counting stitches, and yet... the patches of colour don't seem to be where they were meant to be! Luckily there is scope for rearranging things as I go along. 


No comments:

Post a Comment