Tuesday 4 April 2023

Tuesday - a feast is as good as enough

I have had sticky toffee pudding and double cream for supper, after sardines on toast. We have discovered a brand of sardines called King Oscar;


I expect they are ridiculously expensive compared to 'the usual' but in my book they are worth the money as a treat.

As was the sticky toffee pudding. I wouldn't normally eat something as rich as this tin the evening so fingers crossed I don't have reason to regret this in the wee small hours.

Spring arrived in the afternoon. I had a couple of free hours and found the energy and oomph to get into the garden. Maybe joining Vicky (our gardener) was the incentive I needed. I sorted out the two small plastic greenhouses with Vicky's help, and cleared out the cold frame, and settled down on a sort of tro.ley-seat on wheels to clear 4 vegetable tubs of weeds and empty another couple of large pots ready for sowing some seeds soon. Pictures in a few days...

In consequence I have had a surfeit of exercise, fresh air and sun. If this weather can just last a little longer...

I think I have settled on April's cross stitch design, but I can never be sure until I have finished it and put in the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment