Tuesday 2 May 2023

Tuesday 2nd May - Green Explosion

 I suppose the title is rather misleading - I am referring to the blossom on the apple tree at the bottom of the garden, and the way all the trees around where we live have suddenly burst into leaf, all at once, it seems. 

Last week there were just hints that this might happen; today - whoosh! Even the oaks have (belatedly, as always) realised that it's time to get a move on.

I foolishly attempted to cast a clout last week, but I have gone back to three layers of clothes as a matter of course. The difference is that I am slightly too warm when I settle in the sitting room in the morning, and then find myself coming to the boil when I am working or giving a music lesson at the back of the house in the afternoon!    

No comments:

Post a Comment