Sunday 13 August 2023

Sunday 13th August - Almost nothing

 has happened today in terms of events to write home about; 

  • a friend called round to collect her very, very late birthday present on her way from the 8:30 service at church; 

  • I managed to persuade myself to join the live stream of the second service at 10:30 (joining very late at nearly 11!). I'm glad I did; I heard a very good sermon. 'How can I learn if I have no-one to teach me?' asked the Ethiopian when Philip, the disciple joined him in his chariot (the story appears early in the book of Acts) and explained the Old Testament book of Isaiah to him. Ethiopia is now called Sudan. So the new Christian faith must have reached Africa early in the 1st century.

  • The usual after church zoom for us stay-at-home members was, as usual, a lovely time to meet up and chat, if only via screens

  • I have done a minute amount of cross stitch, along the lines of stitch around the sides of a box shape, and unpick one of the lines... I spent some time last night (probably only minutes, maybe even just seconds) having vivid dreams about my chart being wrong and the stitching being wrong. The chart is ok, but the rest of the dream came slightly true!

  • Now it is heading for tea-time so it looks as though once I have put something on a plate to eat, I have done all that I am going to do today.


   

    

No comments:

Post a Comment