Friday 22 September 2023

Friday 22nd September

 Wasted most of today, scrolling and sudoko-ing...

But no, thinking back, I did do a fair few things...

The Household Task; washing bathroom tiles and bathroom windows as far as I could reach after my bath. I  may have to polish the windows with a dry cloth tomorrow. And I'm hoping that Best Beloved will do the top quarter light and the top rows of tiles sometime.

The Admin Tasks: checking bank accounts, making payments, and looking to see who hasn't paid me yet! Also updating the records of the weekly shopping for my father.

The Music Teaching Tasks: two students to have lesson notes written and sent and one invoice to send out.

The Gardening Tasks: walking out to see if any more pak choi seedlings have been chomped. No, there were 14 last night, and stillx14 this morning. We didn't go out on Wednesday night because it was raining so heavily, and I reckon some of those tiny snails, looking like little pearl buttons, had come out and helped themselves. 

I had potted on 25 pansy plants yesterday, and today it was the turn of 15 Brompton stocks. I also rescued a couple of trays of cuttings which were several inches deep in water after all the rain.

The Cross Stitching Task: Another motif competed. I stopped at that point, as I had already caug ht and tangled the thread three or four times before I had finished the first stitch!

I also did a 6 minute walk test, the first in over a month. I managed 211m; a personal best! I wasn't even wearing proper soes, just my gardening clogs. My oxygen levels have been low recently so I wasn't expecting much. I pretended to myself that I wasn going to push myself, and it was just to give it a go. I still don't quite believe it, so I'll try again tomorrow and see how it goes.  

So, not a wasted day after all. And there's still tonight's slugging...

2 comments:

  1. You didn't include the time spent supporting an anxious friend in need of encouragement, by typing kind thoughts in a WhatsApp message. Those minutes alone mean it was not a wasted day. Thankyou

    ReplyDelete