Monday 18 September 2023

Monday 18th September- three seasons in one day

But not winter .... yet....

We had hot sun, cloudy skies, and solid rain off and on all day. 

Best Beloved was busy busy busy on errands connected with my father; driving to the next town to collect a click and collect replacement mouse and keyboard, and back to his flat to install it took up a good chunk of the morning. The afternoon was a walk in the sunshine into our town to buy a replacement mobile phone. 

The staff in the shop were fascinated by the old one;



This phone is probably more than 10 years old, I'm guessing. Anyway, it was definitely broken, and overdue for replacement. I'm hoping that my father will take to the new one...


I always see Mondays as an opportunity for a fresh start... I  fill up the to-do list with all sorts of good intentions. We'll just have to see how th8s week carries on. 

I did manage to get on to a housework task which was impacting on my happiness; a window which I look out of every morning on the sunny side of the house is no longer  dirty. But I won't know if I managed to polish the glass to my satisfaction until tomorrow morning. For some reason cleaning windows is an excellent way of increasing the number of steps on my step counter. I'll happily keep them; I might not have been moving my feet but window cleaning is more energetic than walking. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment