Sunday 24 September 2023

Sunday 24th September

 It's astonishing how one day can be so different to another.

Yesterday was great - warm sunny weather, so many lovely things happened all through the day

and then today. Grey and a little chilly apart from an hour this afternoon.  The covid/flu vaccinations have hit me like a club. I've spent the day on the settee watching back episodes of bake-off (again) apart from a turn round the garden when the sun came out. If my step counter reaches 500 by bedtime I shall be amazed. 

I have almost completed yesterday's cross stitch motif; just a few stitches to go. I stopped when I was losing the plot trying to thread a needle before lunch! I might give it another go now, while the bakers try and create a layered sponged cake and Himself heats mini sausage rolls for supper.

6 comments:

  1. I must remember to mark the day after my jabs as a Quiet Day, so many of my friends have been completely knocked out afterwards. I ended up doing unexpected childcare again for a friend. Cross stitch is languishing untouched for 5 days. I had so hoped to finish it tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleased with myself for clearing a number of nearly urgent admin bits and pieces on Friday just in case I was feeling too bleah to deal with them after the vaccination! I did manage to thread my needle and add another couple of rows.

      Delete
  2. I am due to have my Covid jab next week, and I do find that it takes a good 24 hours before I feel normal again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed. I wonder if I was a bit gung-ho in having flu and covid vaccinations at the same time? But at least it gets them all done. I'm certainly feeling a bit better this morning (but then I'm still in bed!)

      Delete
  3. We have a perfect Autumn day here today, sunny, slight breeze and warm. Such a change from the grey of yesterday.. I too sometimes battle threading a needle and other times its threaded right away! Enjoy it when that pesky thread does what you want it to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the weather each day seems to be the opposite of the day before!

      Delete